It is important to know that your firmware needs to be backed up before you make any changes. Back up your MTK Android firmware is a very important aspect of the whole process and it is worth mentioning here. The device will not work properly without the correct backup in place. Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
- Read the article linked below, to know more about backing up WhatsApp messages to Google Drive.
- The backup size may be bigger, depending upon your usage.
- It will provide you with unlimited storage space for high-quality photos and videos, which Google describes as the highest quality.
- You need to select a reliable tool to backup the ROM on your Android device.
- Download and transfer it to your phone’s internal storage.
- You just need to flash CWM (or, any recovery which supports Nandroid backup) over USB.
A Scatter file is a text file that contains information of one or more load regions (partitions) on an Android device with a MediaTek chipset (source). In layman terms, this file instructs the tool which regions of the memory (partitions) to flash. The one thing that stands in common among all these tutorials is the possibility of bricking your device.
It does nothing radical but brings a clean, AOSP-based ROM with rock-solid stability and a long list of device support. The team has also worked on Android 13 and released updates for ROG Phone, Google Pixel stock firmware file, Redmi Note series, and more.
Many Android devices are being launched in the market to meet the demands of the ever hungry Tech-savvy people. The manufacturers are releasing devices with much greater specifications and compactness. But manufacturers always try to restrict users from accessing the full power of the device to make sure the device’s life time gets a boost. If restoring a Nandroid backup isn’t a viable option, then your next best bet is to flash a stock ROM. Finally, you might want to relock your bootloader as well. The most common method is to use Fastboot with the command fastboot oem lock or fastboot flashing lock. In this guide, we’ll take a look at the three main ways to get back to stock Android.